A Comprehensive Text, Third Edition
Hardcover book | $170.00 | more
The latest edition of this hugely popular volume continues to provide readers in the West with a clear explanation of the theory and practice of Chinese Medicine.
Richly illustrated and fully updated throughout, Foundations of Chinese Medicine 3rd Edition has been carefully prepared to present this frequently complex subject area in a uniquely systemized manner that flows from first principles to the management of a wide range of disease states. Now with and accompanying website containing and extensive bank of review and test material, the latest edition of this essential volume has been redesigned to provide a more accessible, up-to-date feel to the content to enhance the reader’s learning experience.
- Based on a large and invaluable combination of extensive clinical experience, current Chinese Medicine textbooks and ancient sources, in particular, the “Yellow Emperor’s Classic of Internal Medicine” (Nei Jing) and the “Classic of Difficulties” (Nan Jing)
- Abundantly illustrated with over 750 line drawings and more than 1000 tables & boxes designed to emphasize the key facts
- Includes Pinyin equivalents and Chinese characters to make it immediately evident which original term is being translated
- End of chapter Learning Outcomes point out ‘must know’ information
- Case Studies and Case Histories apply theory to diagnosis and treatment, bringing the subject to life in a realistic context
- An extensive Glossary explains new terms and their origins from translation
- Additional Appendices list Prescriptions, Bibliography and Chinese Chronology
Offering a unique combination of rigorous scholarship together with a wealth of clinical experience, Maciocia’s Foundations of Chinese Medicine 3rd Edition will be ideal for all students of Chinese Medicine, acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine as well as qualified practitioners desiring to refresh and/or stay up to date with changes in the field.
About the author:
Giovanni Maciocia, C.Ac. (Nanjing), is one of the most highly-regarded and respected authors and lecturers in the West. He is visiting Associate Professor at the Nanjing University of Traditional Chinese Medicine and has many years of experience in teaching and practice. Giovanni trained initially in the UK and then in China, learned Chinese to be able to study from original Chinese texts, and was one of the first practitioners and authors to introduce Chinese medicine in a clear and accessible way to a Western student audience.