Trade paperback book
415 pages, 5.50 x 8.00"
The Clinical Reference Guide for Acupuncture and OM
Availability: Temporarily Out of Stock. Usually 2 weeks; call for expected date.
The Clinical Reference Guide for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine by Quinn Akira Takei, DOM, L.Ac., is a valuable tool designed for the acupuncturist, Chinese Herbalists, or holistic practitioner. This easy to use resource includes the most essential Oriental Medicine information including:
- Detailed images and descriptions of the acupuncture points; with Chinese and English names, locations, functions, indications, needling depths, angles, and techniques
- Tongue, pulse, observation and inquiry diagnostics
- Auricular & scalp acupuncture images, instruction, and protocols
- Memorization tools and charts
- Empirical points and effective acupuncture point combinations
- Acupuncture and herbal prescriptions for hundreds of the most common ailments and syndromes you will encounter in clinical practice
The Clinical Reference Guide for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine is a completely updated, expanded and improved version of the popular book, The Clinical Reference Guide for Acupuncture. This book has been awarded the title of one of the top 25 recommended books on acupuncture by the American Academy of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine.
Praise for The Clinical Reference Guide for Acupuncture and OM
"The Clinical Reference Guide for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine is one of the best reference guides available to the Oriental Medicine profession. It is the essential information in a well organized, quick and easy to use design. There are excellent illustrations of the acupuncture points and a treatment of disease section which includes all of the commonly seen ailments in clinic. I highly recommend this book for all students, new practitioners, and even the seasoned professionals."
-Tina T. Chen, M.S., L.Ac.
Author of "Chinese Medical Herbology and Pharmacology", "Chinese Herbal Formulas and Applications" and "Chinese Herbal Formulas for Veterinarians"
"This is a beautiful book - well organized, well formatted, authoritatively summarizing all current thinking. This deserves a place as a foundation textbook in all of the acupuncture colleges and universities."
-Jake Paul Fratkin, OMD, L.Ac.
Author of "Essential Chinese Formulas, 225 Classical and Modern Prescriptions Organized by Clinical Category" and "Chinse Herbal Patent Medicines"