782 pages, 8.50 x 11.00"
Shen's Textbook on Management of Autoimmune Diseases TCM
Availability: Usually ships within 1-2 business days.
About the author
Professor Shen Pi’an graduated in 1962 from Shanghai College of Traditional Chinese Medicine and since then has been working as a doctor in the
Extended Description 2
* Detailed description and analysis of the main autoimmune diseases from a Chinese medicine approach, based on the author’s extensive experience in treating tens of thousands of patients over the years in his regular hospital practice.
* Sixteen diseases and numerous common symptoms discussed in depth – diseases include systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis, Sjögren’s syndrome, Crohn’s disease, Graves’ disease, and multiple sclerosis
* Full pattern identification and a comprehensive array of clinically effective treatment options for each condition, incorporating herbal medicine and acupuncture as well as major recognition of the role played by diet therapy
* Extensive and informative selection of case histories demonstrating the translation of theory into practice
* Wide spectrum of up-to-date clinical experience from a variety of Chinese sources, thus broadening the information available to practitioners outside China while stimulating their thought processes
* Practical discussion of the integration of Chinese medicine alongside Western medicine
* More than 70 illustrations, including 43 color photographs